If you have suffered as a result of what you believe was medical negligence, it is essential that you consult with an experienced solicitor as soon as possible. At Ian Mallon Solicitors, we have experienced solicitors to consult about your medical negligence claims case. We will enlist the help of experienced medical personnel to give expert medical opinions on the circumstances of your claim.
Medical negligence or medical malpractice is where care provided by a professional working in the medical sector deviates from accepted standards of practice and causes you physical or physiological injury as a result.
There are a number of factors that need to be taken into consideration when pursuing a medical negligence claim. You (the plaintiff) can only claim compensation for a medical negligence claim if you have sustained the injury.
Medical Negligence claims can be complex and are often based on the balance of probability but if a medical professional has breached their call of duty and caused you injury in the following areas there is a strong possibility that you have a medical negligence claim;
- Not communicating risks involved in medical procedures.
- Error in performance or administration of drugs during a procedure.
- Delays in diagnosing injury source.
- Insufficient follow up care.
The value of your case will be influenced by factors such as;
- The extent of the physical injury.
- Post traumatic stress.
- Loss of earnings and potential loss of earnings.
- Disabling effects on quality of life & pain suffered.